Icon Experience

by Kathy Jacob

What can I say, I really had a great time during the 16th SFC ICON. I'm having a hard time putting in words how happy i am to be a part of this community. Let's start with the city tour we had last Feb 20th. i can't believe that I've seen Magellan's cross for real. it may sound funny and childish, but i got teary eyed when i saw it. this landmark started it all that Christianity was spread all over the country.

Another amazing thing in Cebu was that churches were built on every corner of the street. people from Cebu will not have any excuse not to attend mass. the structure and architecture of each church explains how rich Christianity is on our country. going to different historical places in Cebu, it was like taking history class again! lol!

 

the whole conference was really memorable. almost 7000 thousand SFC's all over the world gathered in SM city's parking lot to celebrate this wonderful event. the sessions and sharings were very inspiring.

 

but there's one quote that struck me most during one of the sessions. It was given by Brother Siok.He quoted "Hope is the Antedote of Fear".It made me realize that , whenever we are uncertain of some decisions in our lives, sometimes we are afraid to take the risk. We are scared of failures, rejections and disappointments. But if we just believe that the our greatest "ICON" is with us every step of the way, we should not fear. We should not let our inhibitions lead our lives, because we are moving forward everyday with Christ.

The conference song "Move" has very catchy lyrics as well.

I will move, I will run
I will climb the highest mountain
For you are my priceless Gold
I'll be swift, I'll be bold
from this land I'll conquer the world
For you are my king and my God
I will move


Starting this year, all SFC should start to do some bold moves to inspire and to be instruments to other people no matter what the status in life, gender, age, nationality and religion, to let the world know that God is always on our side and his promise of eternal life is true

0 comments: