Ang Pogi Mo!

by Darren Torres

“Ang Pogi Mo!” A phrase, girls would normally shout out whenever they see Dao Ming Su or Brad Pitt or even Darren Torres, ehem! I can imagine girls reading this article would crumple this newsletter, reacting furiously, but don’t. Allow me to continue. The road to discovering that I and the rest of the ICC brothers are pogi started with our regular bonding moments.

Every weekend is fellowship weekend for the brothers. I have been spending most of my weekends with the extraordinary brothers of ICC. We have our regular basketball games where we display our basketball prowess, catching our breaths just to reach the other side of the court. We enjoy displaying our machismo muscles with our six-pack abs like layered hotcakes.

Straight from our basketball games, we also have our movie marathon overnights which were always a blockbuster! Planned movie marathons would always turn out to be unplanned sleepovers. Realization: I am now convinced that men are great singers - that is, during sleep. You would think you were listening to a Philippine Madrigals practice!

Last September 22, 2007, we had the time of our lives when we put an exclamation to our so-called regular brothers fellowship. Thanks to brother Ronald’s generosity, his house became our crib for the whole night. Brother Julius Ulep lead us to a powerful worship as our activity started then brother Ronald gave a talk titled Private Conversation: Usapang POGI. What striked me most in the talk was when Bro. Ronald posed an overwhelming question that made us pause for a minute: “Are you a boy or a man?” It’s as if my life just flashed back so fast that the question remained unraveled in my mind. I only discovered the answer to the question when the group was broken into pairs or buddies. Surprisingly all of us have the same answers and assessment to the question when we had the chance to share our thoughts.

Individually, we acknowledge that we are still boys with imperfections, still committing lousy things, still having difficulties with certain aspects of our lives. But as we struggle facing our difficulties, we are being molded to becoming a man with firm convictions, with great faith, and with a lot of love to share with everyone. That’s why I believe that I am POGI because even though I struggle, I still acknowledge that God is in me. ICC brothers are POGI because we have the Presence Of God Inside of us and that truth will always remain with us. HUA!

0 comments: